- We provide epidemiological and statistical consulting services
- We provide both language and scientific editing of scientific manuscripts with a particular emphasis on those whose first language is not English
- We develop continuing medical education content for physicians, nurses, medical students and other health providers as well as educational content for patients.
Our editor has a Master’s degree in English and hail from a major university in the United States. The President and CEO of OB-STATS, Dr. David Howard, has an MD and Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University, is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG), serves as a reviewer for several OBGYN journals, and is a board-certified practitioner.Learn More
- Statistical consulting services start at $50 per hour
- Editing services are $200 for a standard 30 page manuscript (double-spaced, 1 inch margins, 12 pt. font) with a turn-around time of 7 days. Longer documents can be edited as well but the price will vary depending on the length.
- Our CME course is $35 for 2 CME/CE credits
OB-STATS was founded by Dr. David Howard who serves as the President and CEO. He earned MD and PhD from Johns Hopkins University and is also a reviewer for several OBGYN journals. Dr. David Howard is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (FACOG).More Information
Jasmine Hankey is a freelance copy editor working out of Reno, NV. She studied technical and professional writing as an undergraduate at the University of Idaho and recently graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno, with a Master of Arts in English Literature.More Information
Shelby Nelson graduated from Luther College in Decorah, IA with a degree in Communication Studies and Art. She worked in the Web Content Bureau at Luther for five years and now lives in Minneapolis, MN. She is an Executive Assistant at COCO coworking.More Information
A few titles used to describe Dr. David Howard include founder and CEO of OB-STATS, board certified Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist, creator of accredited CME content, statistical and epidemiological consultant, author, and reviewer of several OBGYN journals. Dr. Howard has been voted as being among the top 10% of scientific reviewers for Obstetrics and Gynecology, the highest ranked journal in the field in the U.S. Click here to see a verified summary of Dr. David Howard's experience as a scientific reviewer, as well as his most recently published article.Latest Article See Review History
Do a Research Project
Dr. David Howard’s web-based course, “How to Do a Research Project” provides a convenient way to obtain 2 hours of CE/CME credit for physicians and nurses.
In order to obtain CE or CME credit for completing the course you will need to register online at obstats.talentlms.com, and complete the exam at the end with a passing score of 75% or higher. You can also read Dr. Howard’s book “How to do a Research Project,” now available on Amazon for more tips on how to write a successful research project
Course Objectives Include:
- Describe how to generate a research project idea.
- Describe a successful research proposal.
- Translate a research idea into a case study.
- Choose and appropriate study design based on an objective.
- Select appropriate exposure and outcome variables based on
- Choose and appropriate model for data analysis.